ConnectiCare Recognized as an American Heart Association “Fit-Friendly Worksite” for Sixth Consecutive Year
Worksites take steps to decrease healthcare expenses, increase productivity.
The Fit-Friendly Worksites program is a catalyst for positive change in the American workforce by helping worksites make their employees’ health and wellness a priority.
To achieve Platinum recognition, ConnectiCare had to meet the following criteria:
• Offer employees physical activity options in the workplace.
• Increase healthy eating options at the worksite.
• Promote a wellness culture in the workplace.
• Implement at least nine criteria outlined by the American Heart Association in the areas of physical activity, nutrition and culture.
• Demonstrate measurable outcomes related to workplace wellness.
ConnectiCare offers employees an on-site fitness center, healthy food options at its on-site cafeteria, friendly fitness competitions, weight management programs and incentives for demonstrating healthy behaviors and meeting biometric outcomes such as blood pressure and body mass index goals.
“We are committed to the health and wellness of our employees and our members. Physical activity and well-being are important priorities at ConnectiCare and we are honored to be recognized by the American Heart Association,” said Michael Wise, President of ConnectiCare.