ConnectiCare's Social Media Policy
CONNECTICARE, INC. AND AFFILIATES
- You are at least 18 years of age.
- You agree never to pretend to be any other person or entity and not to falsely represent your professional or other affiliation with any person or entity.
- If you are a health care professional or “covered entity” under state or federal privacy laws, you are prohibited from posting any content that is considered personal health information (“PHI”), including patient names, addresses and images.
- When using social media, please do not disclose anything that might compromise your personal safety. Please don't provide your name, location, phone number, Social Security number or any other personally identifying information. All users are prohibited from posting PHI related to individuals other than themselves or their minor dependents, including (but not limited to) information related to the health of the individual, financial information about the individual or any identification related to the individual, irrespective of whether the individual has provided their permission or consent. All users are cautioned to use extreme care when posting individually identifiable personal information for themselves and their minor dependents.
- We reserve the right to respond to any post or user content and may privately request your contact information to re-route your inquiry or issue to a non-public forum to assist you through one of our normal customer service channels. Any questions about your account, claims or benefits or request for additional information can be addressed by visiting your member website or calling the toll-free member phone number on the back of your ID card.
- You acknowledge and are aware that your content and posts may survive as electronic records years from now and may be read by unintended parties. ConnectiCare is not responsible for the content of any comments or responses posted by others to any website or social media site managed or monitored by ConnectiCare.
- You are prohibited from using any ConnectiCare social media site to provide medical or other professional advice or medical commentary. Information posted on any of our social media platforms is for general informational purposes only and should not be considered medical advice and does not replace consultation with your health care professional. Always consult, an appropriate health care professional for your specific needs. If you are experiencing a medical emergency, call 9-1-1 or your local emergency number. Some treatments or benefits mentioned in social media formats may not be covered by your health plan. Please refer to your benefit plan documents for information about coverage.
- You agree that you will not infringe on the rights of others and that you will not violate any laws or regulations, including (but not limited to) copyright laws and intellectual property rights laws, with respect to any material or content that you send, post or receive via a ConnectiCare social media site.
- You agree that you will not transmit via a ConnectiCare social media site any material in any manner that is, or that can be perceived as, unlawful, offensive, disruptive, threatening, profane, abusive, harassing, embarrassing, tortious, defamatory, obscene, hateful, discriminatory, invasive of another’s privacy or otherwise objectionable as determined by ConnectiCare in its sole discretion.
- You agree that you will not transmit via a ConnectiCare social media site any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials or any other form(s) of solicitation. You further agree that you will not post any content that is for commercial purposes or solicits other users to join or contribute money to any online service or other organization, or advocate or attempt to persuade users to join in legal or illegal schemes.
- You agree that you will not transmit via a ConnectiCare social media site any material that contains, or that might contain, malware, a “virus” or any other electronic medium that damages, or that could damage, computers or computer software.
- By posting content on a ConnectiCare social media site, you agree to grant to ConnectiCare the irrevocable right to reproduce distribute and/or publish such content, in whole or in part, for any lawful purpose deemed appropriate by ConnectiCare.
- You assume all responsibility related to the security, privacy and risks inherent in sending any materials or content over the Internet. ConnectiCare does not control third-party sites and does not endorse products or services advertised on such third-party sites, including third-party social media sites. You agree to indemnify and hold ConnectiCare and our employees, officers, directors and agents harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys' fees, made by a third party arising from any information or material you contribute to the social media you access via the service.